July 25, 2012

So I realized today, in a major way, that I may have a problem withcommitting to this “challenge” that I’m doing for myself. Silly thing really. There was a homemade chocolate cake floating around my office today brought in by my boss to be taken home by someone else who’s spouse is recuperating from surgery. The cake looked deliciously moist, and did I mention it was chocolate? And have I already mentioned that Aunt Flo is within one day of arrival, which means for me, maniacal cravings.

But! When offered a piece of the cake, I said “No thank you. I’m being good. I just started a thing on Sunday.”

A thing? Really? You should have heard the laughter inside my head. I didn’t want to use the word “DIET”. This word, to me, has all kinds of negativity that goes along with it. I’ve always hated diets. I hate it when people talk about diets. It’s been proven over and over again, that diets fail and fail miserably. The key words here are: Life Style Change. They really need to come up with a better term for this, as ‘Life Style Change’ is really a bit scary. It’s a huge undertaking.

My challenge that I set for myself consists of simply trying to make better choices. Like, do I really need a candy bar everyday? No, I don’t. Do I really need that cream cheese and cherry Danish for breakfast? No, I don’t. And what is the real reason I don’t go for walks? Hmmm... all of my reasons are just excuses when I think about it. So I’m giving myself a mental kick in the arse for being so lazy and for getting to the point in my life when spending over $75.00 on a bathing suit is a necessity to hold all the necessary things in place while tricking the eye of the onlookers who are brave enough to sneak a peek. Embarrassing! This is why, even though I’ve wanted to many, many times, I don’t go down to the beach by myself. People need to know that I’m this way because I’ve had so danged many kids. Again – another excuse....

Blah, blah, blah.... yeah I know. I really just wanted to share my challenge for the day. Thanks for listening/reading.

1 comment:

  1. oh there are so many comments i want to make on this post . . . so many, but i'll be good. keep on keepin' on. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading... now be honest.