July 23, 2012

It's Tuesday, 9 p.m.

I got home after work today, then ran the oldest to her job. After arriving home the second time, I changed, stretched and headed out for my walk. Another 3 miles, this time it didn't feel so good. I thought someone would need to push me up my front steps. I just couldn't get into the feel-good-groove.

I think there were several contributing factors....

     One being that my 11 year old accompanied me. When I walk, I have my mp3 player on pretty
     loud. This is to distract myself and also to drown out outside noises, such as my footsteps, passing
     vehicles and my breathing - all of which are pretty distracting. I've told my kids before that when
     they walk with me they should bring their own music because I'm not going to respond to them if
     they're talking and I'm certainly not going to run my mouth while I'm gasping for air.

     Two, I think that dear old Aunt Flo is definitely getting within days of her arrival. Sad really that I
     can spend three weeks going through the various symptoms that "prepare" me for the fourth (and I
     ain't talking Fourth of July!) I'm bloating to the extreme. All that extra water I've been drinking?
     Yeah, it's around my ankles and fingers. I really hate men right now! But that's besides the point...

     Three.... did I mention it was still about 90 degrees Fahrenheit? The heat feels good to me after I
     sit in the air-conditioning all day, but trying to power walk? More like drag-walking.

Food-wise I was good today, though. Breakfast was yogurt and granola (granted it was chocolate granola), but it was good. For lunch I had packed some of the same salad I had last night for dinner, but with Ranch dressing this time, rather than the vinegar and oil that we typically use at home. Late afternoon snack was a protein bar.

Dinner? Bad! Bad! Bad! First of all, it was eaten after 8 p.m. and since it was so hot (and since no one else was volunteering to cook) I ran down to the store and got fixings for nachos. Yeah, I know.... Bad! Bad! Bad!

But so... sooo yummy!

Thank you to those who have responded with well wishes and support. Love you!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading... now be honest.