August 13, 2011

That's the Ticket!

It's a fairly dismal, gray, rainy Saturday. Woke up late. Had freshly ground coffee and hot buttery pancakes. My family is gathered around me. So far today is going A-Okay. I've been able to update my Twitter account and find a few more lovely peeps to follow.

My job is going great (I think). I've just completed a major project and submitted it to my boss for review. It's August and I finally feel like I am finally to the end of my year end change over; that I have some time to breathe and maybe rearrange my drawers.

The children are all healthy and starting to gear up and look forward to the school year.

Nobody has called yet  today to ask me to pay a bill before something gets shut off. (Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.)

What more could a person ask for?

Right?

I should be thankful for what I have. After all, I've managed to live this long without all of the extra amenities to life.

Right?

So why do I buy them? Those little slips of thermal paper with rows of numbers on them? Single play, multi-plays, gold balls, easy picks, weekly draws... Every Tuesday night and Friday night.

I've got my ticket. The Golden Ticket? I doubt it. But it sure is enthralling, intriguing, and of course, exciting to envision what could be; what you could do with it all if you won 'the big one'.

I've got plans. Who doesn't? Of course, my plans vary depending on exactly how much I walk away with.

All bills paid. Our families' bills will be paid. Houses paid off. Updated vehicles. Updated and remodeled house. Finally finish the back yard. Banjo lessons for me.

These are just the tip of the iceberg....

I've checked out properties on the Foxtons website. I have several homes picked out around London, all saved and listed in My Favorites. Creamy white interiors, fantastic backyard gardens, blocks from royalty, just down from the Portobello Road, views of the Thames....

Beamer or Mercedes? Or both? Butler? I could find a nice butler. They train them well over there across the pond. Not sure what it's called. Butling school maybe. "I've learned to butle, mum."

Oh! I could finally get my very own computer. (Now that's exciting!) Do you know what it's like sharing a computer? (I'm sure that most of my readers do.) We have pop ups from Barbie World. Various tones that alert us to a skyper trying to ring us up. Instead of gathering 'round the fireplace in the winter, we gather around the ultra-warm laptop. I mean, after six of us get done with our checking and updating, job searching, flat searching, skyping, facebooking, tweeting, homework, emailing, etc., the computer is literally radiating heat.

And finally a race car red matching, front-loading washer and dryer. You know, the ones that don't make any sound at all. So instead of "Mom, hold on while I start this load of laundry." I could carry on an entire phone conversation in the laundry room. That would put some pep in my step.

Maybe I could get electrolysis. The hair on my head is thinning, but I'm finding that - Oh! Where in the world did that one come from?!

And I could get my hair professionally done more than once a year. And my poor pathetic nails, ooo and a real pedicure....

But I suppose, really, that what I have now isn't that bad. Still, it sure is nice to revel in the great What If. It's so easy to lose myself in my secret What If World. The peek that I've given you is only a smidgen of the stuff I've dreamed up. Trust me!!

There's just no end to what my imaginary money can buy. (But wish me luck anyways!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading... now be honest.