August 19, 2011

Testing My Mettle

I believe I've already told you the story about coloring my hair dark(er than I had aimed for) - if not, read it here: http://mysupermidlife.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html. Now that I've gone through the spring and summer seasons, the color has faded and my shiny blonde strands (ok, maybe they are silver - but it's very difficult to tell) are starting to peek through. I am definitely going to color it again. I have the box of color, but was hoping to get my hair cut first. I just haven't been able to get in touch with my stylist yet. What's a girl to do?

I suppose if I were brave enough I would:
     1. Try a different stylist. Ummm, yeah... thought about that for all of 2 seconds: NO WAY!!
     2. Try to cut it myself...
     3. Take a razor blade to it and start hacking. I knew a girl once, much younger (and therefore much braver than I) who did this. Personally, I thought it looked amazing!! Not sure if I could manage this one on my own since I should probably remove my glasses. I have a gut feeling that I may accidentally pull a Van Gogh. What?

Cut & Color Mettle Factor: Low - None. I will patiently wait for my stylist to get back to me while I continue to pull my overgrown frumpy hairstyle back into the daily ponytail routine. (dang!)



And you know something? I've always wanted a tattoo. Yeah. You know, just something small, meaningful and tucked away somewhere so as not to prohibit my job choices. So what's the point of getting a tattoo? you say. My reply? Purely for my enjoyment. And NO ONE else's. But who's got that kind of cash now-a-days? Guess what I found? It's super cheap and easy. Look here: TWO 2 Instant HENNA MEHNDI Paste Kits TEMPORARY TATTOO. I bought this kit and nearly every weekend since it was delivered to my front porch, my daughters and I have been drawing on all kinds of art onto our ankles and hands and feet. LOVE IT!!! It lasts for just a couple of weeks before it fades completely, so you're not committed for a lifetime.
Tattoo Mettle Factor: ZERO (are you nuts) - temporary tattoos are much more fun - and interchangeable.



Hey! How about this? A piercing. Totally not in the girls - and definitely no vajazzling. I've heard that belly button piercings can get infected easy and smell; and I gotta tell ya... after four kids, my belly button leaves a lot to be desired! Mmmm.. not the eyebrow either. Not the lip. Some girls can really pull off the teeniest little sparkle at the side of the nose. I've always wanted to try that, but I don't think it would look right on me. Unfortunately I don't have that cute little up-turned pixie nose that it looks best with. So what's left? The ears. When I was much, much younger I had my ears triple pierced. That's been about the extent of my rebellious years.... (hi mom!). So I've been tossing around the idea of getting the second holes redone and/or maybe one small diamond up high in the cartilage. If there's a technical term for that, I apologize that I don't know it. Sorry. At my age, I'm feeling a tad bit out of the "Hip Terminology" loop.

Piercing Mettle Factor: Low - Think I might give a whirl.... but then, maybe a toe ring would be safer.


Stay tuned. Maybe I'll post some before and after pics! (And wish me luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading... now be honest.