August 25, 2011

Peters & DeLuca Investigating Agency.... May I Help You?

Had a girls night out last night. Mom, sister, myself and the 5 granddaughters. Out to the baseball game. Had some fun. Feeling very tired today. As usual, there was no end to topics of conversation. We discussed the kids and going back to school. Did you go to the fair? Did you know the cousins are coming for a visit? What exactly does cousin J do again? I think he works for the FBI. Does he? Doing what? I think he works in the If I Told You, I'd Have To Kill You department. Why can't we have cool jobs like that?

Cool jobs.... Why not? Sis and I agreed: We could be private investigators. My sis and I as PI's. We have a car and we have camera phones. What else do you need? Right?

First you need to understand that we grew up in a very rural area with one TV in the house that got (on a good day) 3 channels. Our serial choices were slim to none. But we definitely remembered Rick & AJ Simon; Simon & Simon. Brothers that were private investigators. Soo hot! Sis had the poster of Jameson Parker who played AJ. Remember people: this was pre-cordless phone era.

And how about Moonlighting? LOVED IT!!! How many seasons did you faithfully watch? And hope and pray and want Maddie and David to get together. Honestly, I don't remember any of the story lines. I only remember the chemistry between those two characters. (I mean, Bruce Willis 25 years younger and with hair! Who could ask for more?!

Okay! Okay! Of course I didn't forget the ultimate PI: Thomas Magnum. Tall, dark, handsome, brave, smart. Complete package? Well, duh!

I am completely getting off track here. It must have been the mustache... I wonder how my sis and I would do. I'm sure we would end up talking too much while on a stake out and miss the entire episode of the cheating spouse giving lingerie to his mistress. Even if we managed to save the evidence with our camera phone, neither of us know how to get it off the phone into some of the those 8X10 black and white glossy prints that we would need to seal in a manila envelope and present to our client between the preschool drop-off, grocery shopping and picking up the kids again at ball practice.

Sis and I could enroll in one of those classes that teach high performance stunt driving. And how cool would that be? I could then pick up the kids (one at a time, of course) on my shiny blue ninja, skidding to a stop exactly in the middle of the pick-up zone, then zoom off to look for clues in the abandoned warehouse, then home just in time to make dinner and brew a fresh pot of coffee for our late night stakeout. Who wouldn't want to be Drew Barrymore in Charlie's Angels? Or Lucy? Or Cameron?

Just don't expect me to ride a mechanical bull and perform a slo-mo picture perfect roundhouse above the heads of twenty Huns. (wink!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading... now be honest.