February 15, 2014

Something New. . . And Selfies

Written by Ruby A. Iadeluca

I posted a while back about getting a New Do. Appointment set. Appointment cancelled. Appointment set again - and this time kept.

The night before the appointment, I had posted two pics to my Facebook wall:

Option 1
Option 2



















I had asked my son prior to posting the photos, which option he would choose for me. His answer was Option 2. Option 2 is a bit edgier, and my mid-life hypercritical self, also wanted Option 2, putting aside the fact that it was much choppier, layered and shorter. Which, in reality, would mean that the time it would take every morning to make this cut look good would leave me with about .007 seconds in which to drive to work. Plus, on the odd morning when things just aren't going as planned, there would be no "bad hair day ponytails" because the cut is simply too short.

Though secretly I was rooting for Option 2, luckily my Facebook friends are much more realistic and down to earth than I am. Everybody who voted chose Option 1.

So Option 1 it was, hands down.

I tried to get some selfies of my hair color and length before my Saturday morning appointment, but with limited time and no experience in the Selfies Department whatsoever (High angle, low angle, from the back.... Delete! Delete! Delete!), coupled with the other fact that I'm fairly self-conscious. . . well, in summary, there is no Before photo.

And, again, with no experience taking Selfies, my youngest daughter (7yo) took pity on me and offered to take my photo. Three tries and she nailed it:


Overall, I think about 4 inches came off. I am happy with the cut. Though I am somewhat lamenting not going with the 'edgier' option, I am quite thrilled with the change. And while not wanting to rush the weekend at all, I am looking forward to styling it on Monday morning.

So that's my story. I'm thinking about adding "Learning To Take Selfies" to my New Year's Resolutions list. It's never too late, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading... now be honest.