January 27, 2014

Is It "Mid-Winter" Yet?

Written by Ruby A. Iadeluca

I've just visited Facebook and every other post is about the weather, the massive amount of snow, the Polar Vortex, windchills, the slams on the South for closing at the least bit of ice or snow... I am so done with this weather.

In particular, I'm done with
     *White, whiteness, the color white
     *Snow-blindness - which goes along with the aforementioned "White"
     *Gray
     *Dirty snow
     *Driving slow
     *People driving in front of me driving slow
     *Brushing snow off my car
     *Everyone on Facebook posting about how cold it is
     *Everyone on Facebook posting about how much snow we've had
     *Co-workers mentioning (repeatedly) their upcoming vacation(s) to someplace warm.

This pretty much sums it up.
  
 I'm very ready for someplace warm.

Tonight though, we dined someplace warm: The Hofbrau in Interlochen. We were lucky to be seated by the fireplace.

Hofbrau in the Winter 2014
I know there's a front door here somewhere!
Hofbrau in the Spring. :)














I am so very, very tired of the unbearably long winter months. Dark, grey, dreary.

I spend a few minutes each day thinking about spring, summer and fall. Planning out the back deck this year and the planters full of colorful flowers. Scouring the calendar for just the right dates and weekends for a getaway; for just that right time with the kids and a few well-earned days at the beach.

Who knows? Maybe this year, I'll be able to schedule in a few extended weekends. Not maybe! I'll make sure it happens!

In the meantime, I'll while away my hours day-dreaming about:




Here's to some warmth and greenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading... now be honest.