June 2, 2012

C'mon! I dare you!
So I've been told that I am a bit opinionated. Well, duh! Everyone is. Some of us are just more outspoken than others.

Funny thing is that really, it depends on a couple of different factors...

1. The Topic:

Politics: I don't really get involved with this topic too much, simply because I don't get to sit around all morning and evening listening to Fox News, so I'm not as informed as I would like to be on the political frontier.

If you'd like to get me going, one subject you can bring up is the school district that we live in. The (2 years in a row now) yearbook spread of the teen girls who had babies in high school is exceptionally high on the scale of what infuriates me the most. I actually wrote about this subject before. I tried to keep it PC, but well... you know.

And the teachers.... actually, most of them are super awesome and great for the kids because they are actually there for the kids. You know what I mean. Then you have those that think they are super heroes or something because they get to wear the school colors and hold a coaching position. And here I go again. NOT ALL COACHES AND/OR TEACHERS ARE BAD. Just so we have that clear... Ahem! We had two coaches who screwed up BIG TIME this year. (You should be able to find out about both on the local news websites.) ((Losers!)) And, yeah, I was mad. I'm sure most other parents were as well. But I got a little carried away on Facebook and then... well a few people commented back. Good. I can take it.

2. My Mood:

Now, if I'm feeling mellow, I'm probably gonna sway more towards letting bothersome topics go by without me saying anything at all. And again, it would depend on the topic and how much you want to push the subject, and/or how much you want to push the fact that you think you're right. It's funny.... Even though I sometimes agree with a statement, I'll re-state the statement the way I feel it should be stated: correctly.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge talker, but there are times when I can ramble on, getting a little too in depth, or giving too much detail to the person I am speaking to. I've been training myself to simply say "No comment". It's hard. I mean, really hard. But it's for sanity's sake that i just let it go and move on.

3. To Whom I am Directing My Wrath:

During the course of a normal day, I come into contact with a lot of different "types" of people. Some fast talkers, some who just think they know it all - on every subject; some just like to chit-chat, kids, adults, givers, takers, etc.

I've learned to talk a mean streak, which I actually enjoy. I like asking questions and finding out what makes people tick. There are rarely those that you can connect with and talk in depth about any subject. Most are people who just need something, or that you need something from. Once the need is met, they (or you) move on. Case closed.

But... Once in a while (or maybe I should say: All too often), though, there is someone who will come along and say or do something, and I, like a Venus Fly Trap, will snap. Factor #1 and Factor #2 play a big part in this as well. I am most comfortable spouting off on Facebook or Twitter, or to other people about the person/thing that has set me off.

Honing my skills at the Art of Giving People a Piece of My Mind Without Them Realizing It Until Later is something I've been half-consciously working on throughout the second half of my life. It's quite entertaining to know that it will dawn on them some time after you've said good bye.

In summary, I'd like to let you all know that I'm not a psychiatrist, nor a psychologist. Hey, I don't even know what the difference is. But I think exploring why I'm like this would make for an interesting blog topic. Also, I'd like to leave you with this final thought.... an ecard greeting thing that I came across on Facebook. It kind of reminds me of me, especially when I'm at work.... (but don't let them know that.) 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. i hope you meant that as a compliment. because that's totally how i'm taking it. thank you! boring Sunday evenings... the ticking of the clock on 60 minutes. As a kid, I hated that show, except for andy rooney. While a lot of what he talked about was over my head, i always thought he was entertaining. no wonder they saved him for last. i especially loved his eyebrows.

      Delete

Thanks for reading... now be honest.