October 8, 2013

Bringing it all in

It's time.

Time to down-size. Consolidate. Bring it all in and get it together.

I've been trying to run a few different things now and I fear that I must admit that I'm feeling defeated, in a sense. But rather than giving up completely some of these ideas that I've come up with. I think, rather, that it's just time to trim the fat and concentrate of the protein that will (hopefully) get me through the winter.

Alright. What I'm really trying to say is that I need to shut down one of the blogs. One gets more hits (way more hits), and one makes more money. So it's time to move on and say 'Good Bye'. But to which one?

I already know... But still dread saying it out loud. Or, rather, pulling the proverbial plug! I feel as though they are all children. Children that I've given birth to and nurtured and raised and allowed them to blossom into the different personalities that they are. Children that don't talk back. I control them. Completely.

It's also time for some structure. Time to focus all efforts on one blog. Give it more structure. More routine. Whip into shape. Market it to the big boys and lets see if we can place for a medal. Gold preferably. But we'll see. The coach, as well as the athlete are both amateurs. But they are serious amateurs, honing their skills. Learning and working and practicing.

Wow! That's some really good wine!

"How can you type without looking?" asks my 6yo, as I simultaneously write (type), watch McClintock (pretty feathers), and adjust her blankets around her.

"Well," I respond, "Because I know where the keys are without looking. Mr. Anderson taught all of us kids to type when we were in the 9th grade." I'm pretty sure we were among the last to have an actual typing class. Remember those days when you could actually know your WPM, and be proud (or maybe not so much) to put them on a resume?

I do.

So to wrap up tonight. I'm going to complain about my oldest. She turned 20 today. A whole score! That's awesome! But she opted, because it's her birthday, to not do any chores today and to go out with a boy she met at college. A boy she hardly knows. She didn't come home to have a steak dinner with her family. A steak dinner that her dad made with his oldest daughter fondly in mind. And she didn't come home for dessert. A dessert of warm, super thick brownie, straight from the oven, lying alongside melting French vanilla ice cream, with whipped cream and chocolate syrup on top. Nope. She decided it was much more to her liking to spend time with someone she hardly knows. Instead of spending time with her loving family, she would rather go out with this boy - that we haven't met yet. We don't know who he is. But apparently, right now, he means more to her than the rest of her family.

Okay. I'm just going to save this post and set it aside for now. We've just had a major melt-down in the living room and all feeling for this post and flown out the window into the cold, dark, autumnal night.

Maybe I'll come back to it. Maybe I won't.

Oh, and to give you a little hint (about which blog I'm keeping versus which one I'm going to close the doors on), I think I'll be keeping the one that has SpellCheck. No brainer, I'd say.

1 comment:

  1. I'd drop just about anything for warm chocolate brownie! Just sayin' you could call me in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading... now be honest.