February 9, 2013

And Again...

Sitting here at my desk, I'm realizing (yet again) that I am running out of room.


This is it. My "work space". My desk. My catch all. (And yes, that is a plate with the remains of a piece of banana poke cake). Pens, pencils, piggy bank, antacid tablets, roll of duct tape, candles, matches, box of checks, box of contact lenses, stack of bills, cell phone, plastic pig Little People toy.... And this is just today.

As much as I dream of pretty places to write (see my Pinterest - rooms and home office boards) I just can't seem to get a grip on what I need to do first to get me there. It's hard to break old habits. and it's really hard to get the kids to quit bringing their stuff in and leaving it.

I'm not the only writer who has this issue. Maybe not exactly the same issue, but very entertaining reading.

I'm not going to promise you the moon and have an after picture for you tomorrow. Though that would be wonderful for both of us, I'm forced to realize that tomorrow is the second and last day of my beloved weekend and I know that it will be full of crabby, unhelpful children and loads and loads (and loads) of laundry to do. Not to mention I'm still working on picking up some pretty stamps for those letters I promised to write during one of my New Year's Resolutions posts... If you click this link, beware of me sounding all depressed. I'm blaming that on the holiday and all the sugar that went with it. Sorry.

And I am still "writing" my book. A few pages almost every night are being edited (rewritten, taken in a different direction, pondered upon, then restored back to the original version). Gaaahhhh! It's frustrating to say the least. I've surpassed several self-imposed deadlines now. At least I'm still trying. Right? And now... it's tax time. I'd like to see the book finished before I am forced to set it aside so that taxes can be done on time.

Alright. So I'll just start with the laundry in the morning and we'll just see how far I get.

Thanks for staying with me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Re-reading my own stuff... and I am just now realizing that the embedded links don't show up as a different color.... therefore you probably didn't even know they were there. I'll try to fix that for you... Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading... now be honest.