October 12, 2012

S.O.S.

Friday night.

Quiet.

Boys at football game.

Can't decide what I want to do first. I've plugged in my thumb drive with the best of intentions to write some more. However, after plugging in the earbuds, it has become a little hard to concentrate. A little S.O.S. by Abba, Run Around - Blues Traveler, Salt'N'Peppa, Savage Garden...

I do have "writing music" loaded onto my little music device... but this is what came up first and I really don't want to change it right now. Which stinks, because I'm watching my precious writing time shrink minute by minute. The weekend has only just begun, but I'm already down almost one entire evening.

What I really should be doing is cleaning up my room - and the rest of the house. But I'm kind of miffed that I'm working all week long, and my weekend is still full - completely full - of household chores. I really don't mind chipping in once in a while, but there are a few other people in the house who seem to not do their fair share. Gahhh!

It's Friday. I won't start venting. Friday night is a happy time.

Hey! Guess what? I'm going to try to shoot my cover photo this weekend! I need a book cover and I have a specific idea in my head, but need to photograph it - and then edit it. I should also be putting together the "front matter" for my book. Never would have guessed that it was called "front matter".

Times are tight and I'd really like to get this going. But I don't to rush it to the point where it's just a piece of fodder either. I want to do it right. At least, as right as I know how. This work was started in June 2011.... so why rush it now?

I'll let you in on a little secret... I've begun a second book. Since I'm waiting (patiently) for my current work to be gone over and honestly rated, I figured I might as well. Since I've got a few ideas, might as well put them on paper - or the thumb drive. Mostly it's on paper - since I don't have my own laptop and I have to beg and borrow from other people. Which really, really stinks! I keep telling myself: One of these days, I'll get my own laptop. I'll be able to crank out blog posts and stories by the gazillions! But then something always happens. Something that makes me redirect any money that I've managed to save up into bills, bills and more bills.

Sorry. There I go again. Ranting, venting. Getting my stomach all upset so I can taste dinner. Tasting it once was enough, thank you!

So I'm just going to go now. Wash my face, brush my teeth, put on the flannel jammies. Curl up in bed with my pencil and notebook. To anyone who doesn't write, or who doesn't get writers, this may sound really pathetic. But trust me. This fills a gap for me. Because it's for me. From me.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading... now be honest.